My Contents are damaged... Now What?
Contents Processing Guide
A step by step guide to restoring your contents with Gohm Insurance Restoration;
- Cleaning manager on site gives scope of work for contents. Property owner signs work agreement for Gohm Insurance Restoration to begin work.
- Initial review with property owner, room by room, to evaluate certain items which may not clean up 100% to be placed on non-salvageable list.
- Wipe down affected documents and contents.
- Digitally inventory and box all contents to be loaded and transported to Gohm Insurance Restorations cleaning facility. Rush Contents to be packed and pushed forward for quick turnaround
- Once back at our facility all contents will be dried, cleaned, deodorized, re-packaged and stored ready for delivery back to property.
- If needed, Gohm Insurance Restoration will host evaluation of contents at our facility for both property owner and adjuster to evaluate.
- Gohm Insurance Restorations project manager gets agreed upon price with adjuster.
CONTENTS WE CLEAN
- Dishware & Glasses
- Electronics, TV, Computer, etc…
- Documents & Books
- Soft Goods – Clothing, etc…
- Furniture& Antiques
- Toys & Sports Equipment
- Taxidermy Animals
Contents Management & Restoration
DPI or Digital Photo Inventory is Gohm’s technology advantage in packing out the contents of a home. The DPI system allows our highly trained professionals to actively catalog the contents of a home and the condition of those contents on site. The DPI system limits any questions about the condition of the items when they left the home.
Once off site, Gohm stores the inventory in a highly secured unit. The company works very hard to make sure that the cleaning and restoration process is documented and cataloged throughout the process.
DPI keeps everything in good order,” says Carrie Bradford of the Gohm team “and when you are trying to help someone back on their feet that is important.”